Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Product RAVE!

I. LOVE. OLIVE OIL!

I really love it with balsamic vinegar, garlic, and french bread. YUM. However, EVOO is an incredible beauty product.

Yep. Just plain extra virgin olive oil. The stuff you buy at the grocery store. The on sale discount stuff. It's all FANTASTIC for a myriad of beauty uses. Here's my list of my favorite uses for a product you probably have sitting in your cupboard right now:

  • Moisturizer - for face and body, EVOO is great. Paula Begoun recently discussed the benefits of olive oil as a moisturizer and offers some great information.

  • Conditioner - olive oil makes hair super silky! Sometimes I'll put olive oil in my hair, put it up in a towel, and hang out for a while before washing it off in the shower. It's a great way to add shine and softness to dry hair!

  • Anti-Frizz - Post-shower, applying a little olive oil to the ends of hair helps keep frizz away! Careful not to get it too close to the roots though!

  • Shaving Moisturizer - My skin is irritated by many shave gels and the whole shaving process, but olive oil is a great substitute! I'll rub some in to my skin before hopping in the shower and when it's time to shave, I don't have to apply anything else! My skin ends up silky smooth, soft, and I don't have to deal with the itchiness I sometimes face post-shave.

  • The Oil Cleansing Method - I can't explain this as well as the site I linked to here, but I will say that I LOVE oil cleansing. If you're feeling adventurous and want a totally new skin-cleansing experience, try it out!

While these are my favorite uses for olive oil as a beauty product, you can find a lot of other uses from the EVOO reviews at MakeUpAlley. (You may have to register to view the page, but registration is free!)

No comments: