Monday, February 16, 2009
Grandma: "Hey, Em, I'm going to get dressed and you should too!"
Grandma: "So we can go to the grocery store! Do you want to go with me in a little bit?"
Em: "Yeah!! But not right now. Right now I'm too playable!"
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Last night, I had a dream about running. I know, right? RUNNING.
I was in this race. I don't know how long it was supposed to be. You know where it took place? At my house. Yup. Started in the back yard, went through the family room, hallway, kitchen, dining room, living room, up the stairs, down the hall, into my room and back. There were tons of people running laps through my house.
And I was winning! I was winning without being totally tired or sweaty or anything.
And you know who was there cheering me on? BARACK OBAMA. He totally wanted me to win.
Weird, huh? Someone who's good at interpreting dreams please tell me what this means!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I need to suspend humility for a minute and declare that I make the best breakfast burritos.
Curious? Do I have your attention? Here's how to experience pure culinary joy for yourself.
The following directions will make 3-4 burritos, but can easily be adjusted for however many people are being fed. Leftovers reheat well, too. These are super yummy and very filling!
You'll need the following:
- Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
- Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese (grated)
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Salt and Pepper
- Hot Sauce (Your favorite!)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spread out enough tater tots to on a cookie sheet to cover about half the length of the pan. Once the oven's heated, bake the tater tots. They usually take about 15 minutes to become gold and crispy.
- Trim the fat off of 5 pieces of raw bacon. Lay them on a piece of paper towel on a microwaveable plate. Microwave on high for 6 minutes.
- To make the scrambled eggs, melt 1 tablespoon butter into a nonstick skillet on medium heat. crack 6 large eggs into a bowl. Mix in about 2/3 cups of milk. Add some salt and pepper. Mix together. Pour egg mixture into pan. I've found that scrambling eggs is a tradeoff between fluffiness and scrambled-ness. The less you mess with eggs, the fluffier they will be. When the eggs are 90% done, add a big handful of grated pepper jack cheese and turn the skillet to low to melt cheese and keep eggs warm til time to assemble the burrito.
- By now, the tater tots and bacon should be done and out of the oven and microwave. Once cooled, break bacon and tots into bite-size pieces.
- Lay a flour tortilla flat on a plate and spread some grated cheese in the middle. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to heat the tortilla and melt the cheese.
- Scoop some eggs and tater tots into the middle of the tortilla. add some bacon pieces and some of your favorite hot sauce. Fold in ends of the tortilla and roll the sides tightly.
- Enjoy your yummy breakfast burrito!
As you might have inferred from the directions, multitasking is important. It took me a few times to get the timing of each step down.